Rapid fire talk
Do you have an interesting story to tell about research you are currently doing, or perhaps a PhD, Masters or Honours program that is in its early days? This year we offer delegates a new, low stress option … a five minute talk. The structure of this will follow that of the popular “Three Minute Thesis”:
- Use a single static PowerPoint slide with no slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files).
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment).
- Presentations are limited to 5 minutes maximum, after which you will be gagged.
- There is no question time – members of the audience can ask you questions informally after the session.